About Me

Maple valley, WA, United States
I am a Level Designer with 5 shipped console game titles to my credit. I also worked at Microsoft as a Designer/Scripter on the HoloLens team (Good Science) that developed HoloTour, and then also as part of the (Hololens Experience Team) on multiple other experiences for Microsoft and their partners.

HOLOTOUR - Hololens App

HOLOTOUR VIDEO



With HoloTour, you can explore the beauty and history of Rome or uncover the hidden secrets of Machu Picchu. Effortlessly move and look around your real world to naturally interact with the elements of the tour. Immerse yourself with a unique combination of 360-degree video, spatial sound, and holographic scenery that creates a very real sense of presence: you’ll believe that you’re really there! Melissa, your personal tour guide, will also be there every step of the way. Her expert insight and fun attitude always provides a fresh perspective on your surroundings, taking you to impossible heights or stepping back in time to give you a tour unlike any other.


My responsibilities while working on HoloTour:

Rome: (I started working at Good Science studio when the tour was just a few months from completion.)

  • Got up to speed with Unity and all the proprietary tools Good Science had created for the project.
  • Designed the placement of the labels in multiple panoramas of the tour (Melissa tell you about a topic when you gaze at a label)
  • Scripted the flow, functionality and audio events for the panoramas I was tasked with
  • Testing on Hololens device, Bug fixing, and iteration on the scripting to create final polished experience for my assigned panoramas
  • Started Peru tour research and gray box design while working on Rome

Peru: ( I started this tour from scratch)

  • Collaborated with team and researched Peru to find interesting things for Melissa to talk about for each Panorama view in the Peru tour
  • Set up labels for all the topics in Peru as I did in Rome tour
  • Set up all system functionality so that Peru functioned like Rome
  • Gray-boxed all the placement and content of moments that happen in Peru (Markup, time windows, and mockups of other objects that would need to be modeled as 3D photogrammetry objects in the near space 
  • Scripted initial audio and flow of the tour. (ASOBO eventually polished and completed it all) 

Peru project was then handed off to ASOBO in France and I was moved from the Good Science team to the Global publishing team at Microsoft to help see Peru through to completion.

  • Continued to research, polish, and help wordsmith the tour with my Design Director, Producer and Writer as we collaborated with ASOBO
  • Created mockups of new moments we wanted to see in Peru and communicated these to ASOBO.
  • Participated in video conference calls with ASOBO about the design.
  • Created the initial wireframe of the flow of the menu system for ASOBO engineers to implement.
  • Helped run focus tests with dozens of Microsoft employees to refine the Peru experience.

(Screenshot of some near-space objects and a 3D label in Peru tour) 


While working on Peru, I was also tasked with researching and gray boxing two other full tours. I collaborated with ASOBO on one of them and I shelled out the flow of both tours and made them fully functional on device (with placeholder scripting for the dialog.) I did the research and documentation on all the possible content and topics that Melissa would speak about and all the moments that would be experienced. The two additional tours were ultimately put on hold and Microsoft released Rome and Peru.


When my work was done on HoloTour I joined the Hololens Experience Team where I worked as a designer/scripter implementing content for multiple other Hololens experiences. Unfortunately, I cannot reveal anything about those projects at this time, but I spent about 9 months doing that until my 18 month contract ended. It was amazing to have contributed to some of the first ever Hololens apps!